Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I've got TV, fluffy pillows, and breakfast brought to me on real china.

What in the world is going on? I feel a mild case of culture shock coming on... I don't know what to do, now that I'm located in the lap of luxury-- I just stare into the TV screen that is tempting even when there's NOTHING on. Americorps' got us camped out in the Mariott in Jackson, Mississippi for the next day and a half and I have to say that it's kind of like being in a parallel universe. I've got this silly uniform on to remind me that I mainly do construction grunt work, but I'm surrounded by tiny bottles of nice-smelling shampoo and plush carpet and big, big TVs.

We've got meetings to go to, sometimes, but mainly, I've got some nice time on my hands to relax, read, watch TV even when I don't mean to, and see the sights around the bustling metropolis of Jackson, MS.

No comments: