Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Bye, kids, have a good day at school."

This is a phrase that I say on a regular basis, nowadays. I'm the team soccer mom here in Biloxi, so that means that I drop off the construction kids at 7 am, come back to our housing, take a nap, drop off the education kids at 9 am, clean toilets or mop floors or check e-mails or go grocery shopping for the afternoon, start some dinner, and then pick everybody back up around 5. I can't be a housewife when I grow up. This simply won't work for an extended period of time-- several years of this are certainly out of the question.

There's some bright spots approaching on the horizon, though... I'm going to help paint a mural (cross your fingers) and give some guitar lessons at two of the Boys and Girls Clubs in the area and I'm helping my teammates plan out some arts and crafts activities and possibly a fun cooking activity for the near future.

So, this week is a short one with Friday off for the 4th of July, next week has the possibility of a fun trip out of town over the weekend, and the third week is... the last week!! The end is most certainly in sight.

No comments: