Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy 2008

It's my hope that along with flossing regularly, I'll be updating this blog more frequently in the new year. I'm not always successful with keeping my resolutions, but you dear reader, will probably see this blog more often than my teeth, so here goes...

We're back in McClellan, finishing up the last 3 weeks of our project at the Food Bank. It's such a wonderful place to work... I'm going to miss it when we are assigned another project. I've been getting a little antsy, since we are kept in suspense about our next assignment nearly up until a week before we leave. Even though I would love to go to Hawaii, I'll have to wait until 4th phase (or roughly the beginning of June) if there's there's a small chance of us being sent to the islands. More likely, we'll be going to the Gulf Coast, or staying in the Western region, which would be my first choice. I'd love to have a project somewhere in Washington State or Oregon... I wouldn't mind sunny San Diego.

But until we leave, I've been assigned to the warehouse in the mornings and the After School club in the afternoon. I've been doing some chatting with teammates and think that my warehouse assignment might be short-lived. Brad was asked to work in Playcare (0-5 year olds running around and being cute while causing trouble) in the mornings, and working with children is not his thing. I'm not sure how a full day of kiddies will be, but I think it would be a better fit than the warehouse. We'll see. Brad and I may end up switching jobs. I'd like to give the warehouse a shot though... my teammate Mike says that they'll let me drive the forklift if I'm persistent in my asking and bothering.

Today was a day for recovery, however. Some cold germs laid me pretty low over the weekend, so I thought I'd spend one more day resting and ensure that they were gone for good. Thanks to a gallon of apple juice, some homeopathic cold meds, and a bunch of sleep, I'm feeling much better.

No comments: