Sunday, November 18, 2007

Belated Halloween pictures


While shopping at the wonderful Deseret Industries, the local LDS-owned thrift store of fantastic proportions, I found an outfit that begged me to turn it into a Halloween costume.
I'm not sure that this picture really gives the matching jacket and culottes ensemble justice, so let me describe... the wonderful squiggles and blocks of color that you see are really scenes of ladies golfing in spectacularly colors settings and outfits. When I first laid eyes on the fabric, I thought it was Ronald MacDonald playing the fine sport, but really, it's a lady with vividly colored hair. How fantastic! My friend Mariel found the shoulder-padded cheerleading sweater and skirt during the same wonderful trip.

And now to explain the outfit... during our morning runs for PT, we often sing dumb songs. One is a call and repeat and it goes like this: When my grandma was ninety-one, she did PT just for fun. When my grandma was ninety-two, she did PT better than you. When my grandma was ninety-three, she did PT better than me.... etc, etc. So, I decided that I could be the Grandma PT for Halloween and use my fantastic outfit. I caked my hair in a mixture of gel and baby powder, pinched people's cheeks, and showed them pictures of my grandkids. The best part was going to the bar that evening... and still getting carded.

No comments: