Saturday, October 13, 2007

The way you wiggle your antenna...


...You know you give me such bliss,
Come on come on come on, banana slug,
Won't you blow me a kiss?



So goes the fantastic "Banana Slug Song," extremely popular with me and the fifth graders at the San Mateo Outdoors School. Before leaving for NCCC in just a few days, I took a little road trip down the beautiful California coast to visit my old roommate, Liane. She has one of the coolest job in the world, I'm thinkin'. She gets to live in the beautiful sticks of coastal redwood forests, hang out with kids, sing songs and dance around in costume, see banana slugs on a daily basis, and teach her 5th graders about the environment. Awesome!

Just a few more days left of fun and games in California before I get down to NCCC work. Catching up with friends and family has been wonderful and relaxing and now I'm ready to start working and serving. I have to say that I'll miss sleeping in, however. 5:30 AM wake-up call is going to be a bit rough.




No comments: