Saturday, May 31, 2008

Apologies for the delay

I've been neglecting this blog for some time now! Sorry about that, folks. We've been working quite a bit and it's rare that I can make it to the library before it closes as of late. So, a quick bulleted list of what's been going on, perhaps?

-We know where we're going for our next project... it's not terribly far away , just down the road in Biloxi. This is a bit of a disappointment to the whole team, especially when we had our hearts set on going to somewhere in the Western region. One team that we're friendly with is going to New Mexico to teach children about caving. We're so very, very jealous.

-I took a little trip up to Baltimore to see the fam, take care of a few job interviews, and sleep in a location without cockroaches. It was great to be home for a little while!

-I now know how to finish drywall. I am a mudding expert.

-I almost adopted a million puppies and kittens when we worked at the local animal shelter. Sugar Bear was my favorite, by far. She was very tolerant throughout her bath and gave good kisses even though we were scrubbing her fur and trying to detangle all of the knots and mats.

-In just a few days, I'm going to see Old Crow Medicine Show play in New Orleans!

-Up until yesterday, my campmates included 200 older men from various regions in the South and Midwest that were here to help build houses. They were called Men on a Mission and they were a noisy bunch. I wake up early, but in comparison, I looked like a sleeping beauty. Every morning, they were up at 5... banging around, yelling stuff in Southern accents, and not letting me sleep. But overall, they were a very nice bunch and did funny things, like had their local newspaper FedEx-ed to them so they could read it.

-In the near future, my team is taking a road trip back to California! If you live on the road to Cali and would like a visit from me and my 11 friends, please do let me know. We might stop by anyway :)

No comments: