Friday, March 07, 2008

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning...

Just a little pictorial evidence of my hard work....

Presenting...the Habitat houses!

This is the latest house that we've built. The house is being built in honor of a very nice man with a very funny comb-over. His name is Ron and he volunteers for the Habitat ReStore, a recycled building materials store.

Three houses that are all finished! They're just waiting for grass and trees and the last few finishing touches. There's a tree foundation that's planning on planting three or four trees per Habitat house yard. It'll be so nice for the new families to move in to a home with some soon-to-be big and shady trees sprucing up the yard...


The framing and trusses and OSB are put up on this house already. I'm not sure, but I think this is the house that Crystal and her 3 kids are going to move into soon. We worked with the homeowner on Saturday and got to hear about her babies, how she has been eagerly awaiting her house for 2 years, and has the colors picked out already.






Check out our fancy shades. Mike, who's standing behind me, and I are big fans. The Louisiana sun gets going quite well, even for February and March.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
I haven't been remembering to read your blog much, but once in a while it occurs to me, so i just went through and read a bunch of your posts. It's so awesome to see what you're doing and hear all the fantastic skills you're learning. Sounds like things are going really well...Except, don't stay away from the East Coast forever!
Love,
Erica

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!
I haven't been remembering to read your blog very often, but once in a while it occurs to me, so i just went and read a bunch of your posts. It's so awesome to see what you are doing and hear about all the fantastic skills you're learning! It sounds like things are going really well, and even when they don't, you put your characteristic smiley face on it. Only one problem...don't stay away from the east coast forever!
Love,
Erica